We want to ensure that you enjoy browsing our website. In order to enhance your experience, we place cookies onto your computer. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device and to target the content displayed to the user’s interests.
By using our website you agree that, unless you have set your computer's browser to reject them, we can place the types of cookies set out below on your device and use that data in accordance with this policy.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu [for a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies/].
Types of cookies
There are two broad types of cookies - 'first party cookies' and 'third party cookies':
- First party cookies are cookies that are served directly by the website operator to your computer, and are often used to recognise your computer when it revisits that site and to remember your preferences as you browse the site.
- Third party cookies are served by a service provider on behalf of the website operator, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer when you visit other web sites. Third party cookies are most commonly used for web site analytics or advertising purposes.
In addition, cookies may be either 'session cookies' or 'persistent cookies'. Your computer automatically removes session cookies once you close your browser. Persistent cookies will survive on your computer until an expiry date specified in the cookie itself, is reached. We use both session and persistent cookies.
Cookies we use
||Website Audience & Usage Tracking
Other third-party cookies
You may notice some other cookies that are not related to the Hillwood website. Some of our pages contain embedded content, and you may receive cookies delivered from these websites. Hillwood does not govern the publication of third-party cookies. To understand more about their cookies and privacy statements, please visit the relevant sites.
Changing your cookie preferences
The "Help" menu in the toolbar of most web browsers will tell you how to change your browser's cookie settings, including how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies altogether. Below is some helpful guidance about how to make these changes.
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer and you wish to block Hillwood's website cookies, you can perform the following:
- On your browser tools menu, select 'Internet Options'
- Click on the 'Privacy' tab and then on the 'Sites' button
- Type into the 'Address of website' field:
- Click on the 'Block' button
- Click on the OK button
Guidance on how to block Hillwood's website cookies on other browsers can be found below:
More detailed information on disabling cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org. and www.youronlinechoices.eu] However, please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.